SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST 2017
As in previous years the Tournament will take place at our Violetbank Ground, Annan, DG12 5NY.
The tournament is being sponsored by LJ Residential. Thanks to them for the support.
Kick off starts at 12.30 and it is suggested participating teams arrange to arrive at 11.30. Gate opens at 12.00 for spectators.
Changing areas will be allocated on arrival. After dropping off teams at the ground, parking for buses is available at the front of Annan Academy located in St Johnís Road, Annan, DG12 6AP.
There will be parking available for cars at Violetbank.
The following teams are schedules to take part in the 2017 Tournament:
Hawick Quins, Hawick Linden, Newton Stewart, Moffat, Stewartry, Creighton, Wigton and, of course, Annan are this years teams.
The draw for the participating teams is as follows:-
GROUP A (PITCH 1)
GROUP B (PITCH 2)
INFO FOR SPECTATORS
Food and liquid refreshment will be provided at the ground and entertainment will continue at the end of the day in the Clubhouse at 17 Bank Street, Annan, DG12 6AA which will be open until 9pm. Club rules apply
Please Note: Only alcohol purchased from the on-site bar to be consumed at Violetbank.
Gate opens for spectators at 12.00. Adults (£3.50), Adult Couple (£5.00), OAPs and U18s free.
If you have any queries please contact Gary Coupland by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 07711720900.
- The tournament will consist of 8 teams drawn into two pools of 4;
- IRB rules will apply;
- Teams will all play each other in their respective pools;
- Teams can pick from a squad of up to 25 players with rolling substitutes;
- A nominated person will be required from each team to act as a touch judge;
- The pool matches will be 15 minutes each way;
- Points awarded - 2 for a win and 1 for a draw;
- The Violetbank Shield Final will be contested by the winner of pool 1 playing the winner of pool 2;
- The Coupland Final will be contested by the runners up of pool 1 playing the runners up of pool 2;
- In the event of teams finishing on equal points they will be separated by number of tries scored - thereafter points difference and then if still no winner by toss of coin
- In the event of the scores being tied after 20 mins each way then the winner will be decided by tries scored. If teams still tied then there will be extra time sudden death golden try/penalty/drop goal;